1. Material used should be based on the N.D.C.A. syllabus, Fred Astaire and Arthur Murray social step list or any approved syllabi of member organizations of the N.D.C.A.
2. The following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur American Free Styles only:
- Prelim Bronze 1 through 5
- Intermediate Bronze 1 through 8
- Full Bronze 1 through 10
- Prelim Silver 1 through 5
- Intermediate Silver 1 through 8
- Full Silver 1 through 10
- Prelim Gold 1 through 8
- Gold 1 through 10
The following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur International Free Styles only:
- Pre-bronze thru Closed Gold - any approved syllabi of member organizations of the N.D.C.A.
- Open Gold and Gold Star - there are no restrictions other than the use of lifts (Any variations of each level syllabus)
3. Pro/Am & Student/Student Age Divisions - you can only enter in TWO age divisions: your actual age and one age division lower. (Except Juvenile, Pre-Teen and Junior)
4. LEVEL OF DANCE in American and International Style - Pro/Am or Amateur Couples You may dance up to THREE levels and one Open level.. The levels must be in consecutive order, you can not skip a level.
5. No continuity style in Bronze.
6. AMERICAN STYLE DRESS CODE Pro/Am and INTERNATIONAL STYLE DRESS CODE Pro/Am - costumes are permitted at any levels. Juvenile and Pre-Teen competitors must adhere to NDCA rules.
7. In any category with fewer than three entries the organizer reserves the right to eliminate the age and sex divisions and merge competitors into one open division.
8. No Solo Exhibition is to exceed three (3) minutes. Music will be faded out after three (3) minutes. Music must be on CD’s.
9. PROFESSIONAL SHOW DANCE - Couples will be judged performing a solo routine of their own choice, not to exceed four minutes duration, including walk-on and walk-off music. Therefore, all competitors entering this event must come prepared with their own special music on a CD.
10. There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the weekend.
11. Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellation made prior to April 13, 2016 must be in writing to receive a refund 30 days after the event. A 20% administration fee will be applied if cancelled after April 13, 2016. No refunds will be made if cancelled after May 1, 2016. Cancelled entries taken at the event can not be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation. There are no refunds or exchanges on admission tickets.
12. A panel of invigilators will be used for all restricted categories. These categories will be strictly supervised and competitors committing infraction will be disqualified.
13. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. rules and by participating in the ATLANTA OPEN automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
14. PROFESSIONAL EVENTS & AMATEUR EVENTS: All competing professionals and amateurs must be currently registered with the N.D.C.A. and supply the Organizers with a current registration number on our entry forms. Visiting non-US professionals must be registered with the WD & DSC.
For further information please contact:
Eleanor Wiblin, National Registrar
Tel: (801) 442-8124
Fax: (801) 442-0541
Or register online at www.ndca.org
No video taping or filming will be allowed. A professional video production company will be present to video participants dancing.
1. While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil sportsmanlike manner at all times.
2. It is the competitors responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering.
3. Competitors entering ATLANTA OPEN event shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, expect when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
4. No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
5. Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
6. The Organizers of the ATLANTA OPEN reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized N.D.C.A. event.
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT:
Brenda Burger, Registrar Atlanta Open
7227 Edenborough Ct
Lancaster, OH 43130
PHONE: (740) 969-2431
FAX: (740) 969-4457
Email Address: USE FORM